Used Regency Stove with unknown model number

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabover

Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2007
Northern Calif
I am interested in purchasing a used Regency fireplace insert. The owner has told me over the phone that the model is a 12000M. I looked at the regency web site and only found I1100, I1200, I2400 and H3100. Is the 12000M an old model number? If so where can I find some specs on it?

Thanks.

I have another (and probably many more before I'm through), currrently the stove is a copper or broze color. Can I paint it black without sandblasting it?

Cabover said:
I have another (and probably many more before I'm through), currrently the stove is a copper or broze color. Can I paint it black without sandblasting it?

Yes. Sand it lightly with fine sandpaper first, then wipe the sanding dust off it, then paint it.
This should go without saying, but use hi-temp paint for woodstoves.

I just bought a used 1991 Regency free standing wood stove that didn't come with the manual and I didn't know any of the specs on it. I went to the Regency website and used their "contact us" form to ask for more info but days went by and I never head back. I did some Google searching and found their phone number (604) 946-5155 (Canada number) and gave them a call. They answer the phone "Fireplace Products International" as that is the parent company of Regency. I told them I was a consumer and was looking for a manual for an older Regency product. I got transfered me to a tech person who answered a few tech questions I had and also e-mailed me a PDF of the manual for my stove in minutes!

I'm working on installing my stove right now.

They should really put all their old manuals on-line...

Hope this helps!

Kolby, I also just tried to use the contact site at the Regency web page. I hope I get a quicker response than you experianced.

Most likely you have a I2000M wood insert
The "I" stands for insert (it's not a one). This was a model previous to the I2100 and the I2400 wood inserts

Thanks all, I confirmed with the Regency group at the phone number that Kolby gave that it is indeed a I2000. I didn't buy it however. My wife didn't like the way it stuck out from the fireplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.