USS Stove Model 6041hf - error code ERR3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nroberge

Sep 12, 2023
Maine
Getting ERR3 error code. hopper has pellets. Have replaced micro switch for the hopper. If i jump the hopper switch i get dashes —- across the display. Also tech mode: AUGR - room fan light is ON & on button is ON.

Was the auger working feeding pellets into the fire pot? ER 3 is fire did not get hot enough to start room blower. Sometimes auger jam , auger hair pin broken or pellets bridge/jam in down shoot to fire pot.

No not feeding for some reason. I went into tech mode and can hear the pellets feeding. I’m stumped. I’ve replaced fuses, control board new, tried jumping hopper switch- ERR3

Light on just means it is getting power, is it dropping pellets? How much pellets is in burn pot when it gives you Err 3 code. Over full or empty? or regular amount and fire looks good? If fire looks same as it usually does your low limit switch could be going bad. There is a hair pin that connects auger motor to auger sometimes they break and auger will not turn or turn every once in a while

Check the bottom of your hopper, is it full of fines (sawdust) the bottom of hopper and the auger tube can sometimes become so packed that only a few pellets get through at a time.