Vacu-Stack Sizing Question and Experiences

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WNY PAT

Oct 28, 2008
Western New York
Hey everyone! I have been experiencing some minor backpuffing when it is really windy out and temps are 30 - 45 degrees. Had the chimney cleaned last week to rule that out, less than 1/4 coffee can of build up after about 8 face cords of wood in the entire system so far this winter, so the chimney is working fine and the wood I'm using is good (2 or 3 years split and stacked - some as old as 2006). Anyway, I think I'm going to give the Vacu-Stack a try as this is the ONLY problem I ever have with the system and draft picks right back up after the gust of wind. I have single walll inside the house, a through wall thimble and T / clean out and then triple wall stainless up the side of the house. The single wall out the back is 6" and I assume 6" inside on the triple wall - the system was all professionally installed. What I'm wondering is this - since I'm going to order today: I'm assuming I need the 6" model with the screen for metal (not air cooled) systems? Also, any advice on where to order online from folks who have had good experiences - as I would like to give my business to a Hearth sponsor if I can. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.