VC Resolute Acclaim for Secondary Heating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cycloxer

Minister of Fire
Jul 9, 2008
Worcester County, MA
I am looking at picking up a Vermont Castings Resolute Acclaim to heat 1,100 sq. ft. which is the upstairs of my split level. I would be using this as a secondary heating unit in the evenings and on weekends. I read the reviews and they seem to be mixed. I have found a unit that is in good condition that is about 10 years old. Is there anything I should look at in particular? Will I do okay with this stove or is it potentially too problematic? I am mechanically inclined, but I do not want to be repairing the stove all the time nor be burdened with unreasonable maintenance costs. Does anyone have any experience with this stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.