Vermont Castings Madison 1655 opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilus

Hearth Supporter
Oct 15, 2010
Seacoast, NH
Hello, this is my first post so please pardon any errors on my part. This topic has in all likelihood already had some discussion. However as I am new to the wood stove world I require some expert assistance. As a Graduate student I presently lack the money to purchase a new wood stove. Therefore in my search for a used stove I have the opportunity to purchase a 4 year old VC Madison 1655 for 600 dollars. Essentially, I would like opinions as to the quality of this stove, as well as any known issues. Can I expect many years of service and reasonable heating for approx. 1200 sq feet of living space. Otherwise could members provide some alternative models that I could pursue in the used market. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.