Vermont Castings Resolute Acclaim with Catalytic - manual?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoast_island

Feb 13, 2010
BC
Just found this forum, would sure appreciate some help. I'm sure I have a Resolute Acclaim with catalytic, but -- to look at the Vermont Castings site -- seems that this model just doesn't exist. Following Murphy's law, I've misplaced the manual (even though I have the manual for every single other item purchased in my house, down to blender and coffee-maker.) At the Vermond Castings site, I can find manuals for non-catalytic only.

But there my stove sits, with catalytic convertor, and looking exactly like the photos online of Resolute Acclaims that I've been double-checking.

Unfortunately I didn't buy this stove from a dealer but from someone on the small island where I live -- a big mistake, in hindsight. The wood stove -- though it gets 100% for looks -- has never thrown anywhere near the heat of woodstove in previous house. And now there's something wrong with it ... I hope that someone will come out to service it from the nearest dealer, but first I'd like to have the manual.

Any advice? Does anyone else have or know of this model with catalytic converter?

(I have to say that I consider it poor policy for a company to not provide any contact number or way to contact with a question by email. The Vermont Castings web site does have FAQs section, and I wonder how they get the questions as apparently the company doesn't want to receive any questions at all :)

I did find an 800 number posted at this Forum and will try it again during biz hours on Monday.

Thanks for any help with this.

I don't think they ever made a cat resolute, at least not to my knowledge,and i could be wrong, I have to check the old repair parts book, but I am 90% they have always been non cat... sounds like an encore combustion package was stuffed into a resolute.

Thanks for the quick reply. Interesting... However it was a brand-new woodstove when I bought it; also, I called a local dealer today who said he remembered that model. I wonder if different models were made/sold in Canada .

Status
Not open for further replies.