Video of my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albertj03

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2009
Southern Maine
I made a quick video of my stove running this evening and since I'm a newbie and haven't had anyone to teach me how to run a stove I was looking for some feedback from all of you pros on how the fire looks. The air was open a little less than 1/4 with red oak in the stove. This is the little CFM FW240007. I know the ash tray is dirty but it's in the basement so not so worried about keeping it squeeky clean. Thanks for the feedback.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v204/albertj03/?action=view&current=IMG_0383.flv

Just keep doing it like that all winter and you will be warm and your chimney will be looking good.

If you'd get a good coal bed going and then load that little box right up, you'd find out that that little CFM can do some really nice secondary burning with the primary turned way down or completely off, and put out some heat. I have a lot of fun with that same stove in my workshop. Rick

Does it look like I've got good secondary burn? Might hard to see it in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.