Vista Flame vf 100 fs and leaf blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyjoe1963

Nov 4, 2015
Nova scotia
I recently used the leaf blower on my whitfield quest. it wasnt burning consistently , so i tried the leaf blower method, what a difference, would think it was a new stove, my question is can i do the same on my vista flame fs 100. will it harm any parts of the stove, i unhooked the vacuum switch hose and opened the door, on the whitfield, can i do the same with the vista flame,

I have used the vac on 6 different stove makes so far. You covered the bases with unhooking the vacuum hoses and keeping the door open a bit.
Enjoy the like new stove afterwards.

Reactions: smokeyjoe1963
EDIT: for the VF100, if you do all the deep cleaning according to your manual, I don't think the LBT will make much of a difference. Your stove's burn engine is exactly the same as mine. Yours has a bigger heat exchanger and a different box around it, but air flow through the stove is the same. If you take the fake bricks out, and the three panels behind it, you're looking at the whole air path. As long as that's clean, you should be in good shape. I do the leaf blower trick on my vent only, I block off the stove itself, and open the cleanout at the bottom of the vent. It does make a big difference if the vent is nice and clean, though.

LBT is scheduled here for maybe tomorrow, more likely Sunday. Only 45 bags through the stove so far, but pretty soon that first snow is due, so I want a nice clean vent before that hits. 9

Everybody in this neck of the woods still remembers the exact date of January 23, 2015 and the next month afterwards. Really hoping that doesn't repeat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.