vogelzang mountianeer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuelburnJake

Burning Hunk
Jul 29, 2013
New Hampshire
I purchased this stove two years ago, right about when I found these forums and found out my mistake. I have a new NC 30 waiting to install. I'm in the middle of a hearth project. This stove heated alright and it only has a season of burning on it. What do you guys think is a fair price for it? Its coming into the heating season so I'm planning on finishing my hearth in the new few weeks, polishing the VZ up and sending it. Its pretty much in brand new shape. I was a little worried about selling it, as it isn't the best stove, but I have nothing else to do with it. Was going to put it in a hunting cabin but decided to hold off until I can afford a better stove up there, as this one gives me less burn times than the current smoke dragon there, IE no benefits for installing the mountaineer other than the glass front. Just looking for what you guys think would be a good ball park pricing to start with? I've looked around CL in my area but there is a ton of old smoke dragons, nothing really comparable.

Last edited:
$4-500.

Reactions: DuelburnJake
Status
Not open for further replies.