Volcano II constantly smoking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Epanzram

Jan 20, 2019
Amboy, MN
I have a Volcano II that constantly smokes. I have kids in the house and this is how I heat my house. I can't figure out why it is smoking. It smokes around the door and the smoke billows out. I have to sit under a blanket just so I can breath. Does anyone know what I can do to stop this? I can't handle the house being so smokey and cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it always this way or has it recently gotten much worse? The symptoms sound like the flue or flue cap is clogged. Most likely from burning poorly seasoned wood. The fix is to get a sweep out asap and clean the chimney and cap.

This is a dangerous situation. Stop burning in the stove until this is fixed. Is there a Carbon Monoxide detector in the house?

Last edited:
Reactions: HomeinPA