Waiting for the installers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotulf3cb

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
The installers should be here any minute now for my new Jotul F3CB. I've been waiting and preparing for this for over a month since we decided to get it. I can't wait to get the break-in fires done and start burning. Luckily its in the 50's here so I can open windows/doors to get rid of the smell.

Yaron2 said:
The installers should be here any minute now for my new Jotul F3CB. I've been waiting and preparing for this for over a month since we decided to get it. I can't wait to get the break-in fires done and start burning. Luckily its in the 50's here so I can open windows/doors to get rid of the smell.

Clearly we'll need stove pr0n pics or it never happened. :lol:

I know the feeling. I ordered my Lopi Declaration the first of October, and it took almost a month to come in. Then the waiting for the installers. It's scheduled to get inspected today. I really hope it checks out ok so I can fire it up this evening! It will be cool to have the windows open, but that's OK. I'm not going to wait, because we might not have another warmish day this year.

Good luck on your new stove.

install soon, fire her up and call firedept when I know it works well. Some say not to call firedept but need to I think for the homeowners to pay if there is ever a fire.
How many people have their stove inspected before burning in it? Mine is an older VC so it is not new and I can always say we have not burned in it but the ashes were there when I picked it up which is true (about the ashes). I can not wait to burn that puppy so not waiting for some building inspec or firefighter to come and look at it. What do they look at? Do they charge money?

tamure said:
I know the feeling. I ordered my Lopi Declaration the first of October, and it took almost a month to come in. Then the waiting for the installers. It's scheduled to get inspected today. I really hope it checks out ok so I can fire it up this evening! It will be cool to have the windows open, but that's OK. I'm not going to wait, because we might not have another warmish day this year.

Good luck on your new stove.

+1

When I ordered my Pacific Energy Spectrum Classic (which is still working great) at the end of last summer it took almost 3 days for the stove to get from the distributor to the dealer. It was a nightmare.

LOL, if it had only taken 3 days, I would have been ecstatic.

The inspector just came and he passed the stove! Whoo hoo! I'll be burning tonight. I didn't use it prior to inspection because I was afraid that if something did actually go horribly wrong, my homeowner's insurance wouldn't pay for what would basically be an unpermitted stove. I don't know if that is in fact the case or not, but didn't want to take any chances. My insurance guy wants to come out and look at it also.

Pagey said:
Yaron2 said:

Stove pr0n is teh pwnt

Franks said:
Pagey said:
Yaron2 said:

Stove pr0n is teh pwnt

thelulz.jpg

I just got the call, after almost 3 weeks of waiting, my Lopi 1750i will be installed in the morning!! Yea!!

Karen

Pagey said:
Franks said:
Pagey said:
Yaron2 said:

Stove pr0n is teh pwnt

thelulz.jpg

lolz, omfgwtfpwnzr

3dogsrule said:
I just got the call, after almost 3 weeks of waiting, my Lopi 1750i will be installed in the morning!! Yea!!

Karen

I wondered where you went!

Congrats to all the new stove owners... Looking forward to your thoughts, questions, and pictures!

Pagey said:
You'd better be lurkin' with pics of that Lopi some time tomorrow. :p

I'll definitely be posting pics, although I'll be far from finished! Still haven't tiled the hearth sides yet! It'll be a work in progress for a wee bit!!

Karen

Well,were are the pic's of that brand new stove!

I just got a new (to me, but old) stove installed. I have not yet used it. Do you recommend that I have it inspected for homeowner's insurance? I suppose I should call the insurance company to ask, but I thought I'd pose the question here first. Thanks.
Julie

Tulip said:
I just got a new (to me, but old) stove installed. I have not yet used it. Do you recommend that I have it inspected for homeowner's insurance? I suppose I should call the insurance company to ask, but I thought I'd pose the question here first. Thanks.
Julie

It is best to check with your insurance co. BEFORE you install just to make sure that they will insure you and at what cost.

Gary

Tulip said:
Julie

Don't put ideas into their heads. Just let them know and ask if they need anything else.

3dogsrule said:
Pagey said:
You'd better be lurkin' with pics of that Lopi some time tomorrow. :p

I'll definitely be posting pics, although I'll be far from finished! Still haven't tiled the hearth sides yet! It'll be a work in progress for a wee bit!!

Karen

Hi Karen,

We like pics, in the morning, afternoon, evening, it doesn't matter. We also like in progress pics.
I think we're all just a little bit voyeuristic.
Oh yeah,... are they there yet?

Dave

Attachments

• popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 243
Yaron2 said:

And we can't wait to see the pics. ;-)

Well, as is my typical luck, they brought the wrong freaking stove, wrong one was ordered. I am one UNHAPPY camper right now. :-(

3dogsrule said:
Well, as is my typical luck, they brought the wrong freaking stove, wrong one was ordered. I am one UNHAPPY camper right now. :-(

Now that's a shame. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.