Wall Support Bracket - HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

E Laszlo

May 6, 2014
Michigan
Ok, for the life of me, i cant figure this thing out. I have a Selkirk wall support bracket from Menards and i don't know how to attach the insulated tee to it. I've read everything and watched videos, but no one shows how to attach the tee to it. I've tried every which way, and just don't get it. If anyone has any experience and willing to help, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Got a picture? The tee support is different from the wall bracket support. It create a triangle braced shelf with a hole in it for the cleanout. Here is a diagram from their install manual. Click to enlarge.

Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 7.51.10 PM.png

I used the same chimney. It's been a while, but I don't think the tee actually "attaches" to the support. IIRC, the adapter ring, which twists into the bottom of the tee, has a lip that sticks down through the support plate to keep it from sliding off to the side, other than that it's gravity until you get the rest of the chimney up. Once the wall braces are attached to the pipe, nothing should be able to go anywhere. I could be wrong, like I said, it's been a while...

The Tee simply just sits on the the support. It "nests" over the raised flange on the support itself.

Great, thanks! That's the way i assembled it, but can't believe it just sits there! Do i seal it somehow? Gravity is great and all, but i wish it was locked and 100% attached. Also, this is an interior installation where the support is enclosed...this really makes me nervous!

Just to clarify - and using terms from above diagram...

Tee attaches to adapter ring.
Tee (with adapter ring attached) sits on top of support plate.
Adapter ring (attached to tee) penetrates support plate and terminates into insulated tee plug... But not attached.
Insulated tee plug is attached to the bottom of support plate.

The chimney, tee, and adapter ring (all attached together) do not attach to support plate or anything else. It just "nests".

Correct?

With all that weight on it, its not going anywhere.
You could use a wall band or an intermittent Tee support above it if it makes you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.