1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Want a St. Croix Hastings? Wait until November

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by stevenlmas, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevenlmas

stevenlmas New Member

Loc:
    Medway, MA
    After several weeks of hemming and hawing and researching I finally ordered a St. Croix Hastings from Royal Fireside in Mendon, MA. They're reporting a five-month wait (until November) before delivery. Guess I better order some pellets, soon, too, or I'll have a $3000 paperweight (but it'll be a damn good paperweight...). Is anyone else seeing similar lead times on stoves.

Best,
    Steve

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Ordered a St. Croix Revolution 3 weeks ago from Pellet King in N.H., arrived in Bangor 3 days later
  3. stevenlmas

stevenlmas New Member

Loc:
    Medway, MA
    Thanks, I'll check them out.
  4. vetrik

vetrik New Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    I purchased a St. Croix York insert from Fireplace Showcase in Seekonk the last weekend of May, and it was installed 6/27. They were running a special on a few St. Croix stoves (including the Hastings, I believe) - $3200 for the insert, installation materials, labor, and an ash vacuum. My guess is that they're not running that special anymore, but I know they had them in stock at the time we purchased.
  5. ylomnstr

ylomnstr Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Staatsburg, NY
    I walked into my dealer in June, and luckily they had unpacked a hastings for a customer, who had just come in and cancelled due to a death in the family. So he sold it to me for $2300. Got the stove and all my materials for under 3k. Definately a great deal, but yeah, from what he said, seemed like that was the last hastings they would have for a while.
  6. jwirtz0127

jwirtz0127 New Member

Loc:
    Milford, Ma
    Just ordered mine from the same store yesterday - told me the same thing. Found pellets out of a place in Uxbridge and having them delivered in two weeks.

-Joe
  7. cimbo190

cimbo190 New Member

Loc:
    southern maine
    Unless you plan to start it up this summer, the wait should not be a problem.

It may get a little chilly in November and you may have to use an alternate source for heat, but this (in theory) should be for a limited time only.

I keep telling myself that, but I tend to believe it more and more as the days pass. I guess it helps I have pellets, just waitng for the stove (end of September I am told).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.