Want to get a Fisher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Looks like a price range maybe. Much more initially than used Fisher but they can be installed

View attachment 294963
Blaze kings are great stoves for long low burns but they are not that great at high BTU output. There are also much cheaper stoves available that are still very good

Reactions: FisherStove
Found this one. I asked if it has the UL tag and sent pic.
Any concerns about a used stove?

Screenshot_20220421-102853_Facebook.jpg

Found this one. I asked if it has the UL tag and sent pic.
Any concerns about a used stove?

View attachment 294968
That is a really old blaze king. It's going to have about the same efficency as a Fisher. I don't know if that one is listed. It's possible but not something I would want to use to heat my home

She'll Dicker because it just hasn't sold.
It has the UL tag.
L 903104
MODEL PTJ 203
BLAZE KING
BLAZE KING OF Montana
21" 18.5" deep
Hamilton
$500 Queen (not the largest model) Too big for their use. They bought it from a guy who heated his shop. They just haven't been in a spot too use it.
Could you please tell me if there are any questions I should ask? Pipe maybe?

That is a really old blaze king. It's going to have about the same efficency as a Fisher. I don't know if that one is listed. It's possible but not something I would want to use to heat my home
Thanks. I see you answered quickly. Sorry. I missed that before I responded again.

I'm seeing some old ones with UL tags. This ones '82, I think. How new should we be looking for efficiency? 2000 on? Or 2010 on....

Screenshot_20220421-123350_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20220421-123347_Facebook.jpg

Chinese elm. Not the most high quality but should burn, I guess. I guess we'll get our chimney checked out and see what we can do. We've been appreciating your advice.

received_360206772729294.jpeg

I'm seeing some old ones with UL tags. This ones '82, I think. How new should we be looking for efficiency? 2000 on? Or 2010 on....

View attachment 294969 View attachment 294970
For better efficency you will want to be looking for EPA approved stoves. Mid 90s and up. But there were still some of those that were not great performance wise. They did well in the lab but in real world use they didn't work out.

Reactions: BKVP
Chinese elm. Not the most high quality but should burn, I guess. I guess we'll get our chimney checked out and see what we can do. We've been appreciating your advice.

View attachment 294973
Yeah Chinese elm will burn. Not great but content but it will work. Is it dry?

If the chimney you are referring to is that fireplace it will need an insulated stainless liner in order to be used for a stove or insert

If you don't mind saying what did it cost you?
Yeah Chinese elm will burn. Not great but content but it will work. Is it dry?

If the chimney you are referring to is that fireplace it will need an insulated stainless liner in order to be used for a stove or insert
Should be quite dry. It's been a couple years since we chopped it. 2018 or 2019
K. I guess we'll look into that.

Should be quite dry. It's been a couple years since we chopped it. 2018 or 2019
K. I guess we'll look into that.
If it was spilt and covered in 18 or 19 it should be fine

Blaze kings are great stoves for long low burns but they are not that great at high BTU output. There are also much cheaper stoves available that are still very good
The old Blaze King's can run with the old stoves, no problem.

Reactions: bholler
100% of our stoves, wood, pellet and has have safety test lab approvals.

100% of our stoves, wood, pellet and has have safety test lab approvals.
I didn't know if all of the early ones were ul listed or not. Good to know

Hearthstone brand
Are you sure that's a hearthstone? My guess from the look is that it is a more modern more efficient stove. But I would have to know the make and model or atleast see internal pics.

Reactions: FisherStove
Uh oh. Vermont says it's for parts. Doesn't work as a whole. Are we sure these newer guys are better? Maybe more efficient while you can use them but break down and are just good for parts? I don't get it? We really do not want a disposable stove.