Warm Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
The stove almost cooked me out of the house! I had to open the window and bring the temp down!

That's such a nice problem to have...

Matt

This is when the cat and mouse game starts again. I cant run it all day on a sunny 30 degree day so I have to be careful about how big the night load is and whether to put a log or two on before leaving for work in the morning. The last few weeks have been stupid stove owner days, yup I just fill up the box and bank it down, fill up the box and bank it down.

I'm in the same boat. I have a sunburned head from the last two days of 60-70 degrees. But it's dropping into the 40's now and expected to be mid 30's tonight. I have the fire building up now. hopefully I won't bake us out of the house tonight.

finally I was in the garage today and looked at my golf clubs. But it will take a while to get 4' of frost out of the ground
I might just do the late afternoon start up and add as needed, then figure what I need to carry the night.

60 most of the day here, we're getting the pineapple express weather from Hawaii. Still 57 now.

Upper 60's and 70's here !? We'll take it ....................

Had to stock up the kindling oak block bucket and Duraflame fire starters for the small over night fires , looks to be the last of 24/7 burning for us now .

70 degrees out today. Mid 60's this week. Looks like I'll get my new stove installed just in time for the burning season to end. It will look great as a piece of furniture and I can have big dreams of winters to come, as I cut, split and stack during the next few months.

Haven't let the stove go out yet but were close yesterday. They say we might even see 50 degrees yet today or tomorrow. Now it is raining and in mid 30's. Stove still warm but not hot.

Grinder said:
I have my own weather station

www.weathergrinder.com

And after 29 straight days below average we're basking warmth at the moment. Still 14 inchs on snow in the back yard but the roof is now clear!

I'd be golfing if the course were not either flooded of still snow covered.

Now, I must say, i thought I was a weather nut, (26 years of continuous weather records here in the Seacoast of NH), but you are definately miles ahead! Very cool, Yeah, I'd be golfing too, 70 yesterday, but 48 today, 38 this eve, 31 tomorrow, 6-10" tomorrow night... Even with out the upcoming noreaster (looks like soaking rain at the end now, UGH!!) its so wet, you'd lodge every shot. I have enough trouble finding my ball without it disappearing into the ground!

I came home today and the wife had the windows open and the house was 82. The other day I swept the chimney and flue pipe. It was warm, then this morning we had a ice warning, so before I left I started a fire. I'll be happy when everything is back to normal. Right now here its too wet to go and cut wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.