1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Well, I swapped it!!!!!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by slvrblkk, Jan 22, 2012.

1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Took advantage of the decent weather today and installed my new 55-TRPEP. Just had to reconfigure my vent because this stoves exhaust is 3" higher than my pdvc. Here's a pic cuz it did happen!!!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Looks sharp! First impression's? We'd love to hear them. :)

Surge suppressor? Don't see one in the picture and just reminding tis all. ;-)

Enjoy!
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Looks great.....thanks for the pic. Enjoy the (new) heat!!

Don't forget to leave a "review" after a few days of burning.

Ditto on what Jay said about the surge unit.
  4. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Come Jay...I'm not a rook!!! Of course I have a surge suppressor! lololol It's a Cyberpower surge, I actually replaced my old one with this one over X-Mas....it was sort of a present to my stove...lol OK....first impressions:

1 - I love the look of the stove

2 - Got a great deal from AM/FM

3 - It's way quieter than my pdvc

4 - I needed to crank up my LFF to 5 from the default of 1 to get good heat out of this thing......current setting is 4-4-1.....I'm currently burning a leftover bag of Greenways from last year....my pdvc loved them and the 55 seems to like it too.....house it currently at 75 degrees......

5 - I sanded the inside of the hopper....It had a lot of over spray that kept the pellets from sliding freely....I think another poster mentioned this too.

6 - So far the only thing I didn't like so far is there are sharp edges on the inside lip of the hopper...I cut myself a few times until I sanded them and knocked the edge off.

I burned this thing out in the garage for a couple days to cure that paint and get the smell out of the stove.....I'll post more if I think of anything....
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Looking good...... Love the Look of the EP. I think its one of the sharpest looking Bay window stoves out there. The 2 small side windows.. The way they are angled on the top, just makes it look much better than the other Bay's out there. IMO. Thats coming from a Bay Window owner..

Enjoy the heat......
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Oops, Forgot your not a rookie. But If I didn't say something, The local code cop would have my head. :cheese:
  7. imacman

imacman Guest

Might try 3-5-1 too......works well on my 10-cpm. More air, hotter flame.....just a thought.
  8. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Thanks macman....I'll give it a try....I'm going to tinker a bit with this...It is burning great right no though....I did mees with it a little in the garage but didn't want to get carried away until I had it in the house...

By the way...I know everyone knows this but this really is a great forum with great members!
  9. Cooper

Cooper New Member

Loc:
    Wilmington,Ma
    How did you move the exhaust?? I assume it was thru the wall ?
  10. smoke show

smoke show Guest

I was gonna ask the same. we love pics.
  11. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    There was a 3" height difference from the old exhaust to the new and just did another cutout of the thimble 3" higher....really wasn't a big deal.....Luckily the thimble is big enough to cover the old hole without having to do a bunch of patchwork.....
  12. smoke show

smoke show Guest

13. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Here is a pic of my vent....You can see the 3" difference in the paint color....literally just raised it 3" with a new cutout...

Attached Files:

• vent.jpg
      vent.jpg
      File size:
      55.4 KB
      Views:
  14. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Good work. coulda been alot worse.
  15. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Nice work and a good stove for the money!

How do you like the AshPan on it???
  16. Cooper

Cooper New Member

Loc:
    Wilmington,Ma
    Nice job! Really like the looks of that stove!
  17. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    That was one of the reasons I upgraded to this stove was to have an ashpan. It's easy to remove and a half decent size. The funny thing is I'm so used to vacuuming my old pdvc that I still might just keep doing it....lol