What are these parts in my Treemont wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kramer15

Dec 17, 2015
Missouri
I bought a house with a wood stove and have been doing research on wood stoves. I got into my wood stove today to check it out and clean it. I took apart some pieces that are on top of the firebox and have what seem to be foam/gaskets pieces in it? I am wondering what this is and where inwould get new foam/gasket pieces? It is a treemont wood stove. I will attach pictures of the parts i am talking about. Thanks
20161213_141611.jpg20161213_141533.jpg20161213_141209.jpg20161213_141147.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will work better with them in, even if the left one has badly nibbled corners. You can order a new board and cut it down to size. What are the dimensions of the intact panel?

The were mutliple pieces of different sizes. Most broke apart when taking them out. The one intack is about 12in by 3in. Is it ok to use the stove while i wait for them to come in? I wouldnt think not have them it would make it unsafe to use the stove?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

12" x 3"? The right side board looks more rectangular like maybe 12" x 15"? The baffle is in rough shape already, It is probably ok to run without them. They mostly help it burn cleaner and a bit more efficiently.

Th picture makes it look much bigger there were a bunch of smaller thinner strips as well. It wasnr just one big board. Many small thin strips.

Also my flue comes out the rear of the stove but it looks like it could have a flue come out the top but has a plate covering it as shown in thr picture. Does this just give you an option to have the flue out the top or rear?
20161213_193546.jpg

Th picture makes it look much bigger there were a bunch of smaller thinner strips as well. It wasnr just one big board. Many small thin strips.

Looks like 1 large piece will slide in there. I'd measure the dimensions of the slot and order a board that size

Status
Not open for further replies.