What did you pay for your Woodstock at the plant?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccosborne3

Hearth Supporter
Dec 29, 2009
South Coast, Ma
Hiya, I'm planning on making the trip up to Lebanon in March or April (whenever prices drop really) and am curious as to what good deals others have gotten. I've heard that some have purchased their stoves for as much as $700 off MSRP. Any info on past purchases would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Last March and April they had what they called a once in a lifetime sale and it was $600 off with an additional $75 off if you picked it up in person. Mind you it was in the worst part of the recession when too many people were thinking that the world was about to implode. To expect to get the same price this year is a little silly. The stoves are going up in price for 2010. If you are lucky, you might be able to save an additional $200 from what they are going for now. I'm as frugal as they come, and over analyze most purchases to the point of driving people around me insane. That is why I jumped on the deal last March. Either way you are saving hundreds over a Hearthstone. Get your wood in order and good luck

Good luck on your purchase.

I can not answer about savings at the shop but would ask you to take your camera when you go. Others have done this and brought back some good pictures.

ccosborne3 said:
Hiya, I'm planning on making the trip up to Lebanon in March or April (whenever prices drop really) and am curious as to what good deals others have gotten. I've heard that some have purchased their stoves for as much as $700 off MSRP. Any info on past purchases would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Today is the last day to get the best deal on those stoves as they are on sale plus you get a tax credit.. Doubt you'll beat that deal anytime soon... Where are you located, Carver here..

Ray

CTburning said:
Last March and April they had what they called a once in a lifetime sale and it was $600 off with an additional $75 off if you picked it up in person. Mind you it was in the worst part of the recession when too many people were thinking that the world was about to implode. To expect to get the same price this year is a little silly. The stoves are going up in price for 2010. If you are lucky, you might be able to save an additional $200 from what they are going for now. I'm as frugal as they come, and over analyze most purchases to the point of driving people around me insane. That is why I jumped on the deal last March. Either way you are saving hundreds over a Hearthstone. Get your wood in order and good luck

LOL you sound like me analyzing things to death.. Drives all those around me insane unless they are of the same mindset! Just glad I am not alone on this mentality!

Yours in Cheapness,
Ray

raybonz said:
ccosborne3 said:

Today is the last day to get the best deal on those stoves as they are on sale plus you get a tax credit.. Doubt you'll beat that deal anytime soon... Where are you located, Carver here..

Ray

Hiya Ray, I'm in Dartmouth. The tax credit is still good for all of 2010. I can't imagine the company will be selling the stoves for more than they are now come Spring.

The woodstock company regularly threatens a "price increase". So you might want to ask them.

ccosborne3 said:
raybonz said:
ccosborne3 said:

Ray

Hiya Ray, I'm in Dartmouth. The tax credit is still good for all of 2010. I can't imagine the company will be selling the stoves for more than they are now come Spring.

Cool I didn't know how far that tax credit extended! Thinking I want to upgrade at some point in time myself.. I would like to visit the soapstone woodstove company in VT. sometime myself.. Perhaps we could coordinate a trip up there? Trouble is I like convection stoves and they do not currently offer one...
We're practically neighbors as I grew up in NB and graduated NB Voke in 75 but moved to Carver around 1987.. The rest of my family lives in NB, Acushnet and Fairhaven...

Ray

Woodstock's site says prices are going up $135 in January. I'm thinking last year's sale-a-bration had to do with the economy.

CC, in all honesty, I want you to come clean with what you ultimately do. So, if you decide to wait, remember the prices now and compare with when you go. It'll be a good story either way, but much better (to justify my way of thinking!) if it costs you more.

Now go design that hearth, and get some pictures up!

S

If your not in a rush I'd get on their mailing list and wait til spring when they usually are trying to get rid of inventory or even have deals on stoves that were returned. They always have sales and I bet the price increase will be countered by another sale in the spring or summer. I paid $2419 for mine back in 2005, looks like the same price now with the sale discount.

Got mine for $600 off MSRP minus $75 for picking it up. Bought it in April, picked it up in May. Nice folks there.

raybonz said:
CTburning said:

LOL you sound like me analyzing things to death.. Drives all those around me insane unless they are of the same mindset! Just glad I am not alone on this mentality!

Yours in Cheapness,
Ray

We are all brothers. When it comes to big ticket items like my stove, my TV, or a vehicle, I will spend weeks analyzing. Internet, phone, visiting stores...my wife thinks that I am completely insane. I never buy low quality, mind you, I just need to try and get it at the lowest price...ever.

Sen. John Blutarsky said:
raybonz said:
CTburning said:

Yours in Cheapness,
Ray

We are all brothers. When it comes to big ticket items like my stove, my TV, or a vehicle, I will spend weeks analyzing. Internet, phone, visiting stores...my wife thinks that I am completely insane. I never buy low quality, mind you, I just need to try and get it at the lowest price...ever.

Yup we think exactly alike! Have a new laptop on the way and got a very good deal too lemme say! One thing that my son told me about was Bing and that saved me over $70.00 on that laptop purchase alone.. Price started at $579.00 and when it was all said and done it cost me $455.27!! This is no elcheapo laptop either it is a Gateway with 4 gigs ram, 500 gig HD, 15.6" HD screen, DVD burner, webcam and HDMI output to connect to my hdtv...Part of that deal was calling TigerDirect and disputing the price and 15 mins. later I got $50.00 knocked off.. Doing your homework can really pay dividends.. My son sold Nissans when I bought my car so I got it at dealer cost so hard to beat that... I guess we're doomed to be frugal spenders.. When I get a new woodstove I will get what I want then too lol...

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.