What do you do with your Fines?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
krooser said:
My wife fills a large Rubbermaid container with pellets and scoops them from the into the stove hopper. After running one ton thru that system there was about two tablespoons of fines in the bottom of that container.

I guess we don't have any fines... and it makes me wonder why other pellet manufacturers can't do the same.

After 1 ton of pellets you came up with "Two tablespoons" of fines. What kind of pellets are you burning and do you have any land for sale? I have been in the market for some swamp land or perhaps the Tower of London for a while now. WOW!!!!

I haven't burned a ton yet, but have burned 1/2 a ton of the LG granules. I bet I haven't had 2 tablespoons of fines yet either. The bags are see through and so far I have not seen any build up of fines at the bottom of any of them. I think it not only depends on the pellets, but also how they were handled before they got to your house. I'm sure I'll come across some bags with heavier fines, but so far have not.

Anyone in seacoast NH or southern maine PM me I will pick up and dispose of your fines at no cost to you! Just another service provided by the hearth.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.