1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

What great features would you like in your wood pellet super stove?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Don2222, Feb 18, 2013.

1. smoke show

smoke show Guest

x2!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

"Liked it" ;)

Good call, maybe that's what I was talking about.
  3. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Or thinking about;? I wonder why;)
    smoke show and DexterDay like this.
  4. Mike D

Mike D Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Haven, CT
    One that loads the hopper when it gets low :cool:
  5. teetah222

teetah222 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    WA state
    How about a way I can hook it up to a stationary bike and generate air flow and also feed the pellets next time the power goes out for a short time? Not worth hooking up the generator for an hour...
  6. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va

that could be easy, install a pressure plate set to a certain weight at the proper place in the hopper, when plate is release an audible warning could be wired to go of. my vote is for something akin to screaming or gunfire, somthing to wake you up shrieking at 2 am make the mount a quick connect so when at 2.03 am as its being ripped out and slammed against the wall it doesn't damage the stove:p
    343amc and Brokenwing like this.
  7. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    Kate Upton hopper filler
    will711 and DexterDay like this.
  8. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Then connect the alarm to the bulk storage pellet hose blower for the auto refill. Or just get my buddy Igor! Just plug his head into your computer's USB port for charging and filling instructions!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    briansol likes this.
  9. rwthomas1

rwthomas1 Member

Loc:
    Wakefield, RI
    If you are selecting this option, I want the stove with the SMALLEST hopper made....
  10. Montnl

Montnl New Member

Loc:
    Northwestern, MA
    Briansol,

Regarding the O2 sensor, it is possible to add this feature at this moment, using honeywell KGZ-10 O2 sensor series (Similar to the O2 sensors in cars) with the Oxymac50 or DE800 oxygen sensor interface boards. Using the interface output and connecting the exhaust motor to a Variable Frequency Drive it is possible to have a constant air/fuel ratio using a PID control. Total cost for sensor, interfase and VFD control would be around $1000-2000 depending on brands.
    Once the motor reaches 100% speed than you would know that the exhaust blower is at maximum and stove would need cleaning. Of course more details need to be thought for all the automation. Someone here in this forum is a PLC programmer and can be give us more details on how to add more instrumetation to the stoves.However, I like my stoves simple with not many things that can go wrong.
    briansol likes this.
  11. FyreBug

FyreBug Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kitchener, Ontario
    This is cost to MFG.

It's possible now to add this to any pellet stoves. However, even a mfg cost of $500 by the time it hits distribution & retail it's at least doubled. In a market where the majority of users hate to pay above $1,000 at the big box stores this wont fly. Even at the specialty shop, any appliances north of $3,000 is a tough sales.

Those components must come down to $100 - $200 mfg cost for it to make sense for the customer buy in.
  12. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    I don't see why it's so expensive, or complicated.

you can buy 5-wire bosch wideband 02's for about $40 at autozone.
    This simply produces a 1-5 voltage reading.
    the board then has a simple program based on the voltage reading on a chip that allows it to feed faster, slower, or turn on more fans/etc. 10 instructions, tops.
  13. brack86svo

brack86svo New Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    Not sure how well these sensors would read with ash build up on them. I'm sure when the you start from clean, it should be able to read and allow you to tune in the proper AFR.
  14. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    Built in cooler would be nice :))
  15. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    removing and cleaning the sensor would be a maint. item, yes. or, some sort of torch cleaner burn off :p