What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
In the low 30's after being in the 50's & 60's the last few days. Used the kerosene heater to remove the chill.
Have some oak in for the overnight... Nice flame, nice secondary burn, and wifey is toasty. Life is good.

I've gotten to the Ash section of my wood pile, I didnt MM test it, I just figured it was dry. IDK why, It was only a few months CSS, and i tossed it in my stove and it sizzzzzzzzled. I mixed in a few pine splits to off set. Time to restack that and move on to something else.

I threw in a mix of russian olive, maple, an elm branch, some rose hips, and a cedar branch last night. my son said, "the fire smells really good right now"

just wait until I throw in a cedar, rose, cherry mix tonight :)

we went 3 days without having a fire, and finally last night the temps dropped again and the basement was 54... figured it was time to light her up again :)

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
A mix of ash, elm, black locust, and mulberry. The temps aren't that cold, but heavy winds are keeping it cold outside. I was going to go drop some ash trees today but the windy conditions made me think twice. Think I will just feed the fire and go outside for a bit to split and stack some wood.

My recent score of my fiance's very dry wood is gone. It filled my 6 foot bed in my truck (flat) and was gone in 9 days, but it essentially heated the whole house. It was almost too dry.

Back to the last of my hickory, about a half cord left. After that there are only uglies before I go into next year's stash. I really should focus on those during the day as I have a big pile. Wonder how far I will make it with that. February is a short month but...

Cold enough to throw in four massive 8x10ish size ash splits. Shoulda split em twice more, but hey, they'll burn hot with it cranking.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Oak, with some ash... as always. ;-)

Black locust with a small split of silver maple to fill in that last little gap.

Red oak and more red oak. Couple sticks of locust and iron wood here and there. On a side note I've used a lot less wood than I thought I would have by this point.

Reactions: Lakeside
Mix of Black Cherry, Red Oak, and Black Birch

Pin Oak and sugar maple. Nice and warm.