What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not too cold, so poplar and a branch of locus and rest will be poplar tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok boys... soft maple and ash! Temp is rising 30 but wind at 40-50 mph.

Sassafras, oak, maple, and cedar.

A cold stove at my house for the moment. I'm going to let the heat pump warm the house while I try and get the chimney cleaned before the rain. Going to pull the insert out also and inspect it.

The same elm I loaded my boiler with yesterday morning. After being 9 degrees with an inch of snow last weekend it is now 70 degrees again. This MS weather is killing my sinuses.

Ash :p

Got up over 60 last night so have the furnace running here and there until it cools back off...then back to beech, walnut, and hickory. Burnt up all my cedar. Good time to check the flue

Some beech, ash and red maple. Knocking the chill off after a 24hr break. Turning colder again tomorrow, but then 50's all next week and rain. Now I prefer summer, but I need it cold to get to some wood to stay on schedule for my 3 year plan. Tired of overheating the house and mushy fields. Get cold!

Been burning more punky pine as the weather is back in the 60's. Filled with pine and cut the air back last night.
Woke up to a good coal bed this morning. Will repeat again tonight.

Roller coaster up and down temps this week. 20's tonight. Got a maple and ash combo on tonight.

After reading the thread "I need to get into this" about the white birch rounds, cooked off a few today.
Same with the wood ID thread about the poplar, and that purple streaked walnut ID thread.
The walnut lasted. LOL The other two were balsa, flared and were a puff of ashes in two hours.
Opened the thing up to a swirl of ashes and the two walnuts on top of the ashes going nicely.

No more testing. Back on the oak/ ash combo for the graveyard shift.
(after two shovels full for a mini cleanout)

Reactions: Jay106n
Nothing tonight. Split some kindling and brought some firewood inside for the future.