What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oak in both my stoves, today. Doesn't matter if it's 10F or 50F, these stoves run on oak and ash.
Going outside to take down Christmas lights, as soon as lunch digests. Might as well do it while it's warmer.

Got a cocktail of pine, ash, maple, oak, and a mystery wood. Just the way it came out of the stack, minus the pine.

20* this morning so the stove is running on a load of ash and walnut. I'm off to work until tomorrow so I moved a days worth of ash, walnut, and redbud inside for my wife.

The cold front has arrived (yesterday actually)
40 daytime temps last two days were awesome for getting caught up on stock.
Made a very generic woodshed on a 4X8 pallet, stilts, and a roadside pickup truck cap.

Tonite the 14 degrees will be battled off by the usual eab and red oak.

Maple load tonight

My wife kept the stove burning last night so there were hot coals left when I got home. I always like an easy relight. I put 4 pieces of ash in with a piece of cherry on top. Snow showers today with a few inches of accumulation, then the temps are going to drop to the single digits.

it was 1 degree last night when I reloaded. i put in russian olive, cedar, and a big ole maple chunk. this morning it was all gone, just enough to pile the coals up and get some pine and elm roaring....

Cherry ash Burr oak and beech

Got a box full of elm working the single digit night shift.

Maple Maple Maple

As always, oak and hickory generously sandwiching a delicate offering of hedge over a glorious bed of coals.

Your guess is as good as mine. I know most of it is red oak, but that white half round on top might be elm?

3cd0e3d126fc983304801aaf18d7a6cf.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine. I know most of it is red oak, but that white half round on top might be elm?

View attachment 192059
How did you get your stove to stand on its side? Is this the way its installed, or did you just set it up for the picture and then set it back on its legs for the burn?

What's in the box? Not Tulip, it's friggin' ten degrees out there! !!!
Your guess is as good as mine.
Spoken like a guy who buys his firewood. ;lol

Last edited:
Black birch, cherry, and oak