What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
i did my special concoction of 1 pine, 1 maple, 2 elm, 3 russian olive, and a tea bag.... earll gray

Reactions: Jay106n
Did you check the moisture content of that tea bag?
I knew I forgot to do something! it felt pretty dry though, it was left over from last night. :)

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
How did you get your stove to stand on its side? Is this the way its installed, or did you just set it up for the picture and then set it back on its legs for the burn?
iOS 10 won't auto-rotate the camera from the quick-access camera mode. You need to physically unlock the phone and manually go into camera app to make that work. I can't believe they've let this bug stand for what... 2 months now? But it is what it is.

It appears I snagged all oak tonight from the mixed pile. It took some extra kindling to get started, but now she's finally roaring.

I woke up to negative temps this morning. I had loaded the stove at 2am and then reloaded at 6am. I used 2 splits each of ash, mulberry, and beech. Temps in the stove room were high 70s but the back of the house was in the low 60s.

We bottomed out at 7 last night with a couple inches of fresh snowcover. To celebrate I have been burning a mix of prime Tennessee hill country locust, red oak, and white oak. Feels like real winter. :)

I spent the afternoon outside, as it seems I do every weekend, moving some wood. After some sledding and skiing with the young'uns, moved a half cord up to the house. I'll be doing the same tomorrow or next weekend, so I have a full cord in-hand.

Tonight I will enjoy the fruits of my labor, oak in both stoves.

Was negative this morning and closing on 0 tonight. 70 in the house. Red maple, ash and beech. Once the beech gets going, throws some nice heat.

Down to 9 degrees and could see negative single digits by morning.
WP_20170108_001.jpg
The Buck is chomping on some oak, maple, and black birch. Gonna tamp her down a little more and enjoy some Zzzzzzzz's.

Reactions: vinny11950
Woke up to 12 degrees, wife had started the stove with some poplar, it's an oak and locus kinda day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to 5 this morning so went with a couple pieces of Osage with the locust and oak.

it's an oak and locus kinda day
Yessir. Single digits last night. White Oak and Black Locust in the box, trying to keep this leaky place in the upper 60s. :oops:

0 at dawn and the house at 70. Loaded up some white oak and its 72 and climbing inside and 6 outside.

It got up to 50 today, so didn't have the stove going today. Just loaded up with some misc stuff...

Wifey said the house was a little chilly this morning. Tonight's load has the big guns...oak & locust.

WP_20170109_001.jpg

12 degrees outside, 75 degrees inside.
Wifey again is toasty & happy.

zero degrees, 15 below wind chill. Fully loaded with oak, maple, and ash.

We warmed up last night and are now 21* I have a mix of red elm, ash, and mulberry. It is amazing how quickly the stove warms up the house when it is 20* vs 0*.
That's so very true!

Maple and oak, zero this morning, 67 up stairs, 80 in the stove room, Im a happy camper

zero again tonight. Oak, Japanese dogwood, ash, and maple.

The warm front arrived !!
That means get rid of oddball scraps, knots, goofy shaped wedges n' cookies, etc.
The midwest is looking at two weeks of above freezing highs. This must be the shoulder
season we missed out on in November. LOL