What is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
OK, time to play what is it. Got this at the local dump boutique. It has wheels and a pull rope attached, about 18" x 26.
Those are slots cut into it. Its also made of three 3/4" plywood .

uploadfromtaptalk1433360668856.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1433360677634.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1433360685435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Movable, draining platform for a potted plant?

Movable, draining platform for a potted plant?
Hmm, didn't think of that. But why so thick? I just made a few rolling plant carts, 3x18", with 3/4" slats., its plenty strong. Plus water would sit in the channels.

Well, it's just a guess. Overkill is not uncommon with backyard carpentry. Thick for moving a large heavy plant tub to keep it in the sun? If this was for patio use then rot may not have been a primary concern.

There's also a metal wire handle attached. I thought at first it was some type of old time miter platform.

Rolling plant cart? Maybe, but that one shorter channel on one end doesn't drain.

You're most likely right. It look a bit like a jig for something.

I think you were on to something about the weight, plus there's no 45° angle groove. It was probably some specialized shop thing for heavy parts, maybe solid iron stock, and the grooves so they wouldn't roll off.

Or it might have been a jig for holding the flat stock in place for welding?

I'm thinking a jig ... but reminds me of a cart we used to use for an air compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.