What is this part? (Enviro Windsor stove)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogwood

Dec 9, 2010
Western WA
So I was doing some routine cleaning today of my Enviro Windsor...removed the brick panels, swept, vacumed behind there and stuck the house down the exhaust channel. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I did. When I pulled the hose out there was a metal part attached to the end of the hose. What the heck is this I wondered. So I checked the manual and everything online but can't seem to find an answer....much less how to put it back where it belongs.

Any help would be appreciated....photo of this piece attached. I am afraid to start the stove without resolving this issue.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 227
if i remeber right that is a cover that goes over the hose barb for the vaccum line on the side of the exhaust housing. It protects it from ash and dirt building up on the end of the hose barb. I think it was only used for a short time and then they changed the location of the vaccum input to under the burnpot

That is definitely the cover for the hose barb for the vacuum line.

Mine came off one time, I just hi temp siliconed it back in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.