1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What job search & resume sites do you use ?

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Pallet Pete, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

I am starting to look a little closer to home for a job because of gas prices and honestly I do not know what sites to use for job search and resume services. Currently Monster.com looks like a good site but there are so many it is hard to know what to use. We drive 62 miles a day round trip so it is looking like it is time to find something a bit closer to home.

Thanks all
    Pete

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I would let your circle of friends, neighbors who you have a good relationship with, and other people in your field that you are looking for a new job. Most jobs are filled this way. Where I work they have to post the jobs, but most of the time they have someone already lined up. Good luck.
    Eatonpcat and Adios Pantalones like this.
  3. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I'm with Jack on that one Pete, put the word out to people that know you for sure. A good personal reference can be priceless. A C
  4. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Word of mouth for me...It's a small circle of local structural engineering firms, so when it's time to change jobs usually the word gets out around here. If that doesn't work, I would look to see who's looking in the newspaper. I've heard people look on Craigslist, but I have no experience with that!