What not to do

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
had it "professionally installed "

by an amatuer

A professional is simply someone who gets paid to do something. It doesn't necessarily mean they are competent.

Reactions: Owen1508
That's why after my first nightmare used stove.i searched and saw reviews and didn't mind paying a extra $150 from the place I wernt with.Had great reviews and knock on wood second year and loving it.

everything about this house is wrong. I hope someone reports them to he firemarshall

I really have to agree that you need to report this to the officials. You don't want to be held negligent... you seen the problem, you know the house will burn down possibly killing people in the process. I don't think you can turn a blind eye to this.

Well, I`ve seen a few pro installs where the OAK was omitted.
Installs can be done right or not , regardless of whether it was done by a pro , a handyman, or an owner.
As an electrician I`ve come upon many horrid wiring situations in family residences and I usually made it a point to advise the homeowner of the potential danger.
The decision to fix it rests with the owner.

There is an OAK kit sitting in front of the stove in the photo

At least they didnt use HVAC flex pipe!

Surprised it didnt stink like smoke duct pipe isnt exactly air tight.

I recall a recent house fire with a pellet stove when the owner used PVC for the vent pipe.

I really have to agree that you need to report this to the officials. You don't want to be held negligent... you seen the problem, you know the house will burn down possibly killing people in the process. I don't think you can turn a blind eye to this.
I spoke with her very candid about how home burn down, people die etc...I think she got the point.

Surprised it didnt stink like smoke duct pipe isnt exactly air tight.[/quote]

Maybe had a good natural draft:)

Reactions: Griff726
Status
Not open for further replies.