What would you do

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick31797

Feb 16, 2010
Canada
I bought a new Pellet stove and the Manufacturer sent me an on line coupon to save 30 percent on parts.I was thinking about buying a few of the common parts that may go, such as the igniter and blower motor maybe a gasket kit ....Do you think its silly to buy parts ahead of time and storing them away.

With the warranty i will not need these for a few years or longer..I guess i am just thinking ahead, and now i can get a good discount, if i leave it.. i will be paying full price plus whatever the price increase will be in the years ahead..
Curious if anybody else have did this, or buy as you need.

It's like buying insurance, you throw your money away until you need it... You may never need it.

Just saying

When i read posts it seems after about 4 yrs of steady running, somebody is either replacing a blower motor or igniter or another part..
so i was just trying to save some money now and cause less grief later on..

If you plan on having the stove for a long haul I would consider an ignitor if you plan on running the in room temp and the unit will cycle on and off. Most say you get three to four seasons out of them. And usually most things don't get less expensive as the years pass. My XXV is my primary source of heat so I do keep a few other items on hand just in case. If it comes to pass they cannot be used e- bay will take them. That's my pellets worth.

well i am a guy that likes to be prepared so i guess would like to have a few parts ..probably answer my own question just thinking if anybody keeps extra parts on hand
I have a few essential parts in stock. A quick repair beats waiting for the UPS truck

Reactions: Owen1508
the only thing I would get is an ignitor...only because by the time you end up needing the other parts, it is very likely that you will have exhausted the warranty on them anyway.

I bought two Englander pellet stoves in 2008. One is the 55shp22,and the other is the 55shp25epi,both great stoves for me. Englander came out with special on overhaul kits in the spring. The price was good for the items included in each kit. I bought a kit for each of my stoves,as I did not want to have to wait for parts when something did break or wear out in the middle of a cold spell. I run both stoves 24/7 late October till early may. The heat my whole house. So far have only replaced an igniter . I do all my own work.

I bought a new Pellet stove and the Manufacturer sent me an on line coupon to save 30 percent on parts.I was thinking about buying a few of the common parts that may go, such as the igniter and blower motor maybe a gasket kit ....Do you think its silly to buy parts ahead of time and storing them away.

With the warranty i will not need these for a few years or longer..I guess i am just thinking ahead, and now i can get a good discount, if i leave it.. i will be paying full price plus whatever the price increase will be in the years ahead..
Curious if anybody else have did this, or buy as you need.

How long is the 30% good for?

LIke Bob said, gaskets are a sure thing to be needed. You can always start the stove manually if the igniter goes out. A sure way to guarantee that the blowers will never die is to put spare ones on your shelf! :)
Usually from reading posts, the blowers give you some warning with bearing noises but the auger motor just dies. That one might be worth while getting. Check out what you can get replacements for on-line versus the dealer. If it's the same price, then it's hard to turn down $60 on a $200 blower. If my dealer had made me that offer, I would have put both blowers on the shelf but I have two stoves that use the same parts.

Reactions: Owen1508
Status
Not open for further replies.