What's in a name?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
This is a fun one...
I am sure many of you, like myself, see most people's screen names, and wonder what the significance is. Some names are self explanatory. Mine is the nickname of my 1983 Jeep CJ-7, "Orange Crush"

Attachments

• Wachusett2.jpg
    Wachusett2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 502
I don't have your imagination. I live in Connecticut and and am starting to burn in my new Regency insert. Alas, CTBurns!

I've been using a real computer (Mac) since they first came out in the mid 80's.....hence, the name. There isn't any other kind, is there? :coolsmile:

Orange Crush CJ-7 said:
This is a fun one...
I am sure many of you, like myself, see most people's screen names, and wonder what the significance is. Some names are self explanatory. Mine is the nickname of my 1983 Jeep CJ-7, "Orange Crush"
Mine is actually a bit convoluted. I'm an avid backpacker and took a bunch of Scouts and fathers on a 65 mile trek (over 4 days) so we were doing serious mileage. I'm a fanatic about pacing yourself and drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated. So, I would stop the crew at the top of every hour and spend precisely 10 minutes resting (drinking water, feet up, etc.). Any more time and your muscles get cold and any less and your body doesn't really recover - the 50/10 cycle lets you hike just about forever.

One of the dads decided I was just like the overseer on his tobacco picking crew when he was a teenager (CT used to be really big in the shade tobacco business) who held everyone to strict quotas and rest breaks -- his name was "Digger". So...they nicknamed me DiggerJim.

My dog's name.

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 453
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 429
Dah

My mother named me at birth.
Eric

Attachments

• 033107_15171_edited.jpg
    033107_15171_edited.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 451
kinsman stoves said:
Dah

Eric

Nah...too long.....we'll just call you "candle" :lol:

EDIT: I wonder if slickplant is going to chime in on this thread???? ;-P

EDIT: I wonder if slickplant is going to chime in on this thread???? ;-P[/quote]

OMG!

my son's name on xbox live is xxxwar freakxxx
so mine on here is xpellet freakx

My name is not as creative as you guys.

My id is my nickname Tinker and part of my last name.
Got the nickname when I was younger cuz I love motorsports
and tinkering with cars and stuff.

LEES WOOD-CO said:
LEE , because thats me and WOODCO because I sell insurance! :ahhh:

Gee Lee, I could have sworn you sold wood....wonder where I got that idea?

Years ago, sitting at my computer desk, trying to make up a name that wasn't already taken for some online service.
Saw a box of staples on the desk and a legend was born.

I use Xena on a few other forums so thought I'd
change it up for this one. No meaning or relevance
behind either name for me.

That's a sweet CJ-7. I've owned three of those
over the years. Now have a TJ.

BadDad320...... I'm divorced with 2 sons and when I re-maried I got one 19 yr oldstep-son. One of my 2 sons thinks I'm bad and the other one thinks I'm "Bad"...... My 19 yr old step-son agrees that I'm "Bad"...... My house # is 320....... So either way I'm BadDad320....... 8 motorcycles in the garage, Model T and Model A Fords in there too...... Most kids like motorcycles..... No you cannot turn the antique cars into hot-rods!!!!!!!!! Edit............ Dad????? can we have a rock band????? Sure, why not????

Attachments

• vfiles24240.jpg
    vfiles24240.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 370
macman said:
kinsman stoves said:
Dah

Eric

Nah...too long.....we'll just call you "candle" :lol:

EDIT: I wonder if slickplant is going to chime in on this thread???? ;-P

Wondering the same thing myself.
Oh, I got my name from the neighbors, they ain't from around here, but I over heard them whisperin' about me at the post office when I went to get the mail.

macman said:
I've been using a real computer (Mac) since they first came out in the mid 80's.....hence, the name. There isn't any other kind, is there? :coolsmile:

MAC, I know that, I like the double MAC with cheese.

macman said:
I've been using a real computer (Mac) since they first came out in the mid 80's.....hence, the name. There isn't any other kind, is there?
Just keep telling yourself that. Otherwise you might feel bad about paying $1500 for a $400 Dell :)

DiggerJim said:
macman said:
I've been using a real computer (Mac) since they first came out in the mid 80's.....hence, the name. There isn't any other kind, is there?
Just keep telling yourself that. Otherwise you might feel bad about paying $1500 for a $400 Dell :)

ROTFLMAO!!! I was thinking the samething.

Nice ride Orange Crush CJ-7. My screen name is derived from a ride like yours. Only I like to ride behind this one - it's my favorite toy - a 1995 Ski Nautique 196. Hence the screen name "Nautiquer95".

Attachments

• DSC01661.JPG
    DSC01661.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 304
ok...mine is boring. I am a Sr. Software Engineer and most programmers are considered lazy (with their code I mean)

DiggerJim said:
macman said:

Jealousy isn't going over well with you guys. %-P

Wow, a lot of these are really interesting. I especially like DiggerJim's story. And staplebox... thats so mundane, yet so funny!

codebum said:
ok...mine is boring. I am a Sr. Software Engineer and most programmers are considered lazy (with their code I mean)

I consider my wife a softwear engineer, after she washes my skivvies, they're nice and soft. If they ain't, she gets to do them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.