What's this worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
A 16 foot row of cherry 5 feet tall average lengths 17 inches,top covered 2 years every piece perfect.

I'm new but will play. If I did it correctly that's .88 cord. Its seasoned, not sure what perfect pieces means, assume no big ugly chunks. Is it delivered, or you loading and transporting? I'd pay 175 delivered. I paid 180 a full cord of BS seasoned delivered in November and December though.

.88 is correct.. my guess would be 140.80 delivered for that less than a full cord of cherry.. its not super high on the btu chart so i would guess it would be around 160 for a full cord. If it was mixed with oak i think the value would go up..

Some a hole is going to come in with 1 dollar and win, ugh!

It varies so much by the local market its hard to say but about 150 here

Market it as "smoker wood" and you'll get more money for it, lol. At least that's what they seem to do on Craigslist around here!

All wood is free, but it usually comes with a $225 delivery charge, around here.

Reactions: Stinkpickle
I just saw a cord of cherry on Craigslist for 375. Minneapolis area

Where you and I are, a cord is round $150-175. I don't think a cord of cherry is any more valuable than other firewood, except oak or hickory. However, we'll use $175 as a base number, multiply that by .88 since it's not a full cord and the value would be $154.

fv