What's wrong with this setup ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably uses it as a planter in summer.

I thought so too at first, then in the second video she explained that it was not, it's the weld.

OMFH

You can't fix stupid. How many times does this future Darwin award winner have to repeat the same point??? And for someone who supposedly cleans her stove every 24 hours, it looks awfully ratty inside there!

Last edited:
I would have sworn that the unit was rusted out and that was where the stuff was coming from!
Yea, I was waiting for someone to notice that the entire bottom of the stove is rusted out around the perimeter. The stupid broad doesn't notice THAT?? She probably bought it used by someone who had it sitting outside or in a flooded basement. Got a good deal, though!

daffyduck.jpg

Probably cleans it with Drano.

What's really sad is there is a baby in that house with her!

The first comment on the first video is priceless.

Part ONE was painful to watch. (well so was part TWO), but in the second video, IMHO, she DOES have an issue with that stove.

Whether it is something SHE is doing wrong (maybe while cleaning) or it is in fact a stove flaw, it needs to be addressed.

I thought it was rusted underneath, but the 2nd video shows it is NOT, so why does it "leak" ashes?

[ It looked liked the little kid was trying to tell her the solution.] ;lol

Last edited:
Reactions: vinny11950
I wish stupid hurt.......
I does hurt, the rest of us. Sure Mike is having a Tums or two. With posts like these probably has to get heartburn meds wholesale.

Reactions: Jason845845
I bet she called ESW and swore to them it "was installed by a profession according to the OM" too

I can't stand the 'fork in the road voice' on the video but what I really wonder is, IS SHE A BLONDE??

Reactions: tjnamtiw
You guys are being to hard on her. She is in a spot we have all been trying to figure things out. I give her credit for posting the videos which may help someone else out in the future.

If that is the flaw in the stove then she gets credit for figuring it out.

Reactions: CenterTree
Though it is ironic that she is talking safety with that hearth pad.

That was worth a laugh! I believe we could make a drinking game out of this womans videos, take a shot every time you hear the words "here, there, chunks, safety"

So....stove issues aside, how can you whine about safety, using combustibles to raise the stove off the floor with no hearth pad?? I'm no expert here, but that's not up to any standards.

You guys are being to hard on her. She is in a spot we have all been trying to figure things out. I give her credit for posting the videos which may help someone else out in the future.

If that is the flaw in the stove then she gets credit for figuring it out.

Vinny, your missing the point ! There is no pad under the stove (4x4 blocks don't cut it), and the install is in front of a window that opens.

If I knew where she was I'd be calling the Fire Marshal for the State and so on...... Dangerous setup, can cost lives etc....

Reactions: vinny11950
I'm not all that fond of that brand of stove (in other words I wouldn't have one), but there is something else going on that she isn't alluding to, thats impacting the crap on the floor.

Looking at a unit perched on a shipping skid in lieu of a non combustible hearth pad tells me it's a first class cabbage job. She needs to be more forthright about 'what else' is going on, I'd say.

Tis a good thread for 'not what to do' fodder, I'd say.

If you look close, it almost looks like there is JB Weld or something on that bottom corner like someone patched it right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.