1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wher to hook up Magnehelic gauge on Whitfield Adv. II T ins.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by John C., Nov 20, 2012.

1. John C.

John C. Member

Loc:
    Wethersfield Ct.
    Hello new to the Forum but need help to see where to hook up the gauge to check the stove. Maybe a pic would be nice.Bought the stove used from a dealer in the spring and havent put too many bags thru it. Getting alot of ash from Lowes Inferno pellets so tried greene team platium and no better.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Stovensen

Stovensen Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Denmark, EU
    Hi John,
    Welcome to the forum. On page one in this pdf you'll find the the pressure specifications for your Advantage stove and on page 16 it's explained how to find the access port for Magnehelic readings on a Quest stove. I hope your Advantage has this access port in the same area... it seems to be the most obvious place to put it.
    The pdf has a lot of useful information.
    http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/whitfield_wire_diagrams.pdf

Good luck
    Bo
  3. John C.

John C. Member

Loc:
    Wethersfield Ct.
    Thanks for the Help. I'll try to test it this weekend. Even though two stove store's said not to bother just do it by eye.
  4. John C.

John C. Member

Loc:
    Wethersfield Ct.
    One of the techs said there is no test port,but you hook it up to a hose on the pressure switch. I'll look for a test port. Thanks again.I thought i would get more response from the thread,but everyone must be busy with there new stoves. Haha.
  5. Stovensen

Stovensen Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Denmark, EU
    The flame characteristics give a precise indication of the stoves overall condition, so I'll have to agree with your dealers on that one.
    Since you bought your stove from a dealer, one should expect the stove to be in perfect working condition and cleaned out in the exhaust manifold.
    This cleaning of a pellet stove can be quite time consuming and dusty, at least the first time you do it, but as they say here at Hearth.com: 80 % of all problems with a pellet stove are caused by dirt ( fly ash ).

Here they are cleaning a VERY dirty Advantage II stove.
    http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/adavantageII_clean.htm

BTW, that opening next to the lock bolt... could it be the test port?