1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Where does the air come from

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by wardk, Nov 24, 2012.

1. wardk

wardk Member

Loc:
    B.C. Canada
    I have to purge the cast iron rad in the house every morning, my system is pressurized with auto purgers in the house and the boiler room should have no air in the pipes.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. huffdawg

huffdawg Minister of Fire

Loc:
    British Columbia Canada
    If you have a water leak in your system there is air in the fresh water being added. It does take a while to bleed out if you just filled your tanks
  3. TCaldwell

TCaldwell Minister of Fire

Loc:
    860-868-9014 h 203 948 0864 c nw corner ct.
    I have had the auto air purgers on occasion stick open or contract when the zone cools down allowing air in. After purging air if you can close the air purger valve, and check in the morning. this has happened to me with the purge valves that use a schrader valve.
  4. wardk

wardk Member

Loc:
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks for the tips . I hope it's a bad purger because there are no visible leaks as Huffdog suggested so if it's leaking it would have to be under the slab.
  5. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Turn off your mackup water and watch the system pressure for awhile to find out if you have a leak. I doubt it would be in a slab with continous runs of pex.

TS
  6. wardk

wardk Member

Loc:
    B.C. Canada
    I guess I'll have to install a pressure gauge. Thanks