Where to buy compressed logs/bricks in NY Hudson valley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brownclown

Sep 8, 2023
10512, NY
I am going to be installing a wood insert in the near future. I have since learned i need seasoned wood with less than 20% MC and saw compressed fuel recommend. After searching online I am struggling to find anywhere to purchase from either locally or online that would deliver to my area. Thanks.

Check this out, bring your moisture meter and splitting axe.

Reactions: brownclown
A little further down it says guaranteed full cord.

Don’t know how the seller makes any money on that, but if he’s happy with the price… I know the buyers are!

6328D89E-5429-4A8D-BC2B-6058ADBD575A.png

I wonder what “sold by truckload” means. 15 yard dump truck holding 6 cords? I’d be game for that, lol.

I'm not far from the Hudson valley and $200 a cord is not uncommon by me. While claimed to be seasoned they rarely are and while claimed to be a cord you normally get about 3/4 of a cord. For the price it's not bad and if you buy in the spring it's normally ready to burn by winter.

Check this out, bring your moisture meter and splitting axe.
I need to learn how to do that. any links to articles for tricks and tips? From searching Facebook market there are tons of claims of seasoned wood nut know that term is meaninless. Few claim and report actual MC levels but haven't found one very close to me.
So far the best option I have found is BT enterprise . they cant deliver to NY but are only about 1hr 15mins from me.

I’m in the Hudson Valley. Usually see about $250-$275/ cord of what they say is seasoned. Typically means split in last 6 months.
Better off with the bricks this season. I usually see tractor supply in this area start loading them up around this time of year. Website may or may not accurately reflect what they have on hand. Call or drive to your nearest store to what they have physically on hand. They carry two types. You’ll want to get the Red Stone brand which are higher compressed and come 6 bricks to a package.

Reactions: brownclown