Where to buy in North NJ..??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdp70

Sep 3, 2010
North NJ
Well, I have been lurking on this forum for a little bit and I need to say thanks for the tons of info on here!!! I am a newbie and have yet to purchase a wood stove. I am seriously looking at an Osburn 2300 however finding a place to buy one that is less than 2 hours away from me is difficult. I have searched and searched the web and the closest store I could find is just over 2 hours away. There are stores closer to me than 2 hours but not one is selling this particular model.

The reason I am looking at the Osburn 2300 is the price fits my budget, it should fit in the location I am placing it and the reviews/info seem favoreable. If anyone knows of a place I can buy one close to Sussex, NJ, please let me know.

Thanks in advance...

Carl

Thanks for the reply OK. I have been there before and they were very knowledgeable about stoves. Only issue was most of the stoves they had were over my budget.

Carl

Looks like the closest is Blue Ridge in Mendem. How close are you to NY? Maybe search ny and pa too?

I am also in Sussex and used Hearth and Home. No complaints. Good honest folks and they saved me a ton of money.

Madison, thanks for the link!!! I was on that site earlier and did not see that link.. Basswidow, Thanks for the info..

Carl

No problem, i also saw that "dynamitebuys" online has the stove. I have no experience with them, but some forum members recently mentioned the site.

Also, regarding the budget and total costs. I did NOT check, but make sure that the Osburn stoves qualify for the tax credit... Bottom line, you could spend less in the long run, buy purchasing a stove that qualifies for the tax credit. I would double check to make sure the unit qualifies for the tax credit prior to purchase.

//////////////

If you purchase a new, qualifying biomass (wood or pellet) stove between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010, you can take a tax credit totalling 30% of the installed price, up to $5,000 (maximum credit $1500).

I checked Osburn's site and the 2300 does qualify for the tax credit.. I also found the stove listed on "dynamitebuys", contacted them and deivery is 7-10 days. I just have to figure out what materials I need for the chimney/hearth.. Thanks again..

Carl

I don't see that brand on their website, however it's good to know there is a helpful shop not so far from me.. Thanks...

Carl

not sure if they have that model but by me in monmouth county wood stove and fireplace center. has one of the biggest selections of stoves in the state, worth the drive they sell everything to instal.

Carl,

If you ever need help, have questions or want an opinion, I have an Osburn 2300 and can tell you LOTS about it. Let me know! Good luck and happy burning!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.