Where to buy "Jotul Iron Paint"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timmcp

Mar 18, 2007
I just bought a one year old used Jotul. I believe that the finish is called "Jotul Iron Paint". There is a little bit of rust because the previous owners fireplace had a crack that allowed some water to enter. After I sand off the rust, where can I buy "Jotul Iron Paint" to return it to its original finish?

timmcp said:
I just bought a one year old used Jotul. I believe that the finish is called "Jotul Iron Paint". There is a little bit of rust because the previous owners fireplace had a crack that allowed some water to enter. After I sand off the rust, where can I buy "Jotul Iron Paint" to return it to its original finish?

Hi timmcp,
I heard from a technician that for the Jotul New Iron Paint you can use the paint they use on brake calipers of some new cars like subaru.
He said it was the same color and it very high heat rated.
Or you can probably get it at your local Jotul Dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.