Where to buy with regards to service, warranty ...Comfortbilt HP 50

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HearhFlame

Mar 19, 2023
Mercer
So I'm considering to purchase a Comfortbilt HP 50.
there are many options where to get it such as tractor supply, home Depot even Amazon.
which is the best option when it comes to warranty issues, returns or customer service.
Just trying to minimize the hassle if/when the trouble comes.
Also if the model reputation is bad feel free to talk me out of it. Mostly happy costumers as far as my research goes.

stay away from Comfortbilt is my recommendation. I have an HP50 that's never worked right. it's supposed to heat up to 2000 sq ft but it barely keeps my 900 sq ft insulated basement warm. I've called tech support more than a dozen times and they kept giving me different software configuration changes but the stove still doesn't work well. The flame fluctuates from a 4-5 inch flame to barely visible at the bottom of the burn pot. Eventually the flame dies with pellets in the hopper and in the burn pot. Comfortbilt is a bad product

Comfortbilt HP 50. is not a bad stove like all pellet stoves they are not plug-and-play
the most important thing is to READ THE MANUAL and understand how to service
the stove(clean) and how to adjust it to your particular needs . The Comfortbilt HP 50.
is a big box stove so you most likely will have to do your own service work unless there is
a technician around you that services all makes. If I were to buy one I think I would buy from HD