which pellet stove insert to buy ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, too late now. Makes me feel better I bought my second one from someone else. As circumstances happened my buddy made me call his friend who is an authorized Harman dealer and closer to me that my original dealer. His price was less than what I paid in 2011!

Probably, too late now. Makes me feel better I bought my second one from someone else. As circumstances happened my buddy made me call his friend who is an authorized Harman dealer and closer to me that my original dealer. His price was less than what I paid in 2011!
Last January 3rd I paid $2870

I paid a little less with the oversize surround and 62lb hopper. $50 for delivery and taking it in the house and down the stairs.

I have been using my 2012 accentra insert for 4 months now and love it! Heats a great portion of my 3500 sf house and I estimate I will be saving 1000 gallons of oils this year and replacing it with 4.5 tons of ligs. The advantages that others have mentioned for the enviro seem to have been neutralized with this years. 52i (larger hopper, dual blowers that are quieter, and 6lb per hour, and easier cleaning of the heat exchanger) but I am still thrilled with mine. Svc doesn't bother me because there really isn't much on this stove I wouldn't try and fix myself but I know this might not be the case for everyone.

As for how I use mine, I went back and forth on how to supplement the furnace and what I figured out was I run my pellet stove on 70 all day (even when we are at work) and turn it down a touch overnight. We used to use the programable thermo to kick in on for a couple hours in the am, etc but now we just turn in on for a while when we get cold.

No oak, empty ash pan once per week and full clean every other week. Even the glass stays clean for the two weeks. I will tell you I bet the enclosed hear exchanger on the 52i makes a big diff bc when I clean mine every other week it kicks a lot more heat after!

Hope this helps and enjoy!

Hi, newbie here. I've made the decision to have a pellet insert installed but could use some advice on which brand. I'm looking at the Enviro EF3, the Lennox Winslow and the Hampton GC160. Any thoughts? My home is about 1800 sq ft.

3rd week of my brand new Harman p35i and loving it.Split level 1800 ft and wrk outstanding.the stove before this was a used enviro ef3 that I had for a year and a half and it was problem after problem. The customer service was lousy.made me wait 4 weeks in a cold spell for a snapdisc.Good luck

Hi, newbie here. I've made the decision to have a pellet insert installed but could use some advice on which brand. I'm looking at the Enviro EF3, the Lennox Winslow and the Hampton GC160. Any thoughts? My home is about 1800 sq ft.
Dear JFC73,

Hi!

I just saw your post quoted here, and believe that no one answered it. You added it on to the end of a long series of posts that was wrapping up advice to another member about pellet inserts…you'll have better luck if you start a fresh thread. Though I'm a newbie also, I find folks so helpful around here; don't be discouraged that you didn't get an answer, and if you're still seeking advice, I encourage you to put your request in a new thread with a title appropriate to your specific question.

tom

Status
Not open for further replies.