Which Pellets for Enviro EF2i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grog71

Jan 3, 2008
Webster, MA
Hey guys i am burning Bearfoot hardwood pellets right now and was wondering what kind of pellets you all are burning. And what kind of luck you are having with them. Thanks in advance. Greg

On Cape Cod here. My EF-2 seem to like these.

We have been burning New England pellets with the red/brown lettering.

Seem to be working fine. Burning hot and clean. No clinkers, minimal ash.

I paid $260 / ton back on the 20th of November I have about 8 bags left and plan on buying 2 more tons Friday this week.

---Nailer---

Hey Nailed. What kind of setting are you running yours at. I have my air at about an inch out for the best without clinkers. I have about 15 bags left before i have to get more i figure another ton should get me close to the end.(small house) Just want the best burning pellet thats all.

grog,

I usually have my damper about mid way out.

I keep my auger feed knob slightly past 1/2 way. And the convection air at about the 1/3 setting.

On a 30 deg F day with no wind this will keep the house at about 72.

I am heating a 1 story, open floor plan, small lakeside cottage. My big problem is the North wind coming off the water sucks the heat right off/out of the house.

As for pellets....I figure I need to heat for about 100 more days. So 2 tons.

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.