Which types of pellets are the best?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my stove but if I didn't already have 2 season's worth of pellets bought and paid for, I'd be using the oil furnace.

As a new owner of the Harman Accentra 52i as of last January 2015. I found this forum very helpful. What I mainly did/do is search pellet reviews from owners who have the SAME model stove that I have.

And then if that brand is available at a reasonable price I'll purchase. I do like Lignetic's and TSC Equine Bedding pellets. Also, like many have said the placement of your ESP is very important, my installer's had my probe curled under my stove and I couldn't understand why the stove never turned off.

Also, I know NG prices are down and that's a good thing! But, the heat that radiates out of a pellet stove is constant and feels so wonderful. I heated my entire (rancher) home last winter without ever turning on my gas heater.
Ah. Another TSC Equiner! They DO throw heat but are expensive as hell. All in all, given quality and availability I'll stick with Lignetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.