Whitfield Advantage control board replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikefam

Jan 5, 2016
Connecticut
Whitfield Advantage II
serial #12903

I ordered a new control board for my stove but I'm afraid that I ordered the wrong part. My stove is an Advantage II with serial number 12903 and the part number on the original control is 12025902.

I ordered part 12055902 which woodheatstoves.com claims to be a good replacement for the original. The stove does not have an igniter but the new board appears to have the plug for the igniter cable.

.After doing some research (that I should have done before ordering) I learned that the 12055902 board is for the newer Advantage II T stoves with serial number 18144 and above.

My question: Will the 12055902 control work with my Advantage II stove? Will it require any alteration?

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Glad it worked out. Pretty sure almost all of the Advantage series stoves have interchangeable control boards. My stove originally had the old control board with the knobs, but was upgraded with the newer style later on.

I don't believe that the boards are all interchangeable. I have a second stove with a 12055912 board that does not work in the older stove, I tried it.

Mike.

I should have added, they are mostly interchangeable within the same model and with slight wiring changes.

The stoves are both Advantage II models but one has an igniter and the older one does not. I think that the older one has a serial number around 112000 and the newer one is around 125000. The newer one is an Advantage II-T and the older is called an Advantage Classic.

The controls look identical and the boards are very similar in the component layout and the buttons are the same. The wiring harnesses look identical too. I was very surprised when I plugged the newer control in the older machine and it did not work. The newer board does have connectors for the igniter and I am thinking that the igniter circuit needs the igniter connected to it to put a load on the circuit and activate the board. The circuit can be designed to not run when the igniter dies.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.