Whitfield Advantage II - control board problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giblego

Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa
Hi all,
I'm new to this so please bear with me.
I was given a Whitfield Advantage II freestanding pellet stove last year. After replacing a few parts I got it to work and it was great for all of last winter. This year when I started it up I discovered that I have only 1 auger setting that works ( setting 1) and the same goes for the blower. Other than that it's fine.
Anybody else run into this and if so is there a easy fix other than spending $300 + on another circuit board?
Just FYI, I'm not well versed in electronics.

Thanks

what kind of control board is it?
see my parts page for example

It's probably the grey faced rotary knob type that you refer to on your parts page.
It has two rotary knobs one over the other on the left side. Top one is the auger setting and bottom is blower setting. There's is a push button switch on the top right and a slider switch at the bottom right.

Are your thermostat jumper in place on control board.

I have not touched anything on the control board so I would assume that the jumper is still in place.
I did notice that there is a jumper on the exterior of the stove right below where the AC power connection. Would that affect it if it were disconnected?

If your stove has the optional thermostat connection the connection at the back of the stove or on the control board needs to be a closed circuit (wires jumped together) to run normal.
other wise the stove thinks the thermostat (optional) is NOT calling for heat and running the stove in low keep fire mode.

Yes it would, the fan would run at one speed!

It turns out that it was the jumper wire at the thermostat connection that was the culprit. It's been replaced and the stove works fine now.
Thanks to everyone for your help.

That's what this forum is for. I'm glad that it worked out for you, make sure you use a surge protector!!

Status
Not open for further replies.