Whitfield Advantage Plus questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Link Long

Aug 11, 2012
Being new to this forum, I am not sure how to post a question: I have had a Whitefield Advantage Plus for the past 14 years. With the exception of replacing the ignitor a couple times it has always worked well until last year when I pushed the start button, it cycled and stopped. I held the button down and it would cycle and stop. When I came back in 45 minutes to an hour and pushed the start button, it would start and run normally. It continues to do this every day. Why?

Have you done a complete break down and cleaning of the stove? How long does it run before it stops? When it starts and then stops does it run normally and then just quit or is there something else going on?

Possible blockage in the exhaust venting (see above posting about taking it apart and doing a thorough cleaning), the vacuum switch tubing is plugged, or switch is shot.

Have you done a complete break down and cleaning of the stove? How long does it run before it stops? When it starts and then stops does it run normally and then just quit or is there something else going on?

Thanks for the return reply, I just discovered how to bring it up or I would have answered sooner. I had already cleaned the interior and exhaust pipes on a bi weekly basis, this time I took the brick backing off and cleaned behind them and pulled the contacts off the control panel and replaced them. The stove appears to be working now. Many Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.