Whitfield Advantage Plus WP7 Wont run at all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unclbiki

Jan 12, 2009
Dutchess county NY
It powers up..all of the lights go on 5 red 5 green...then they go out...nothing. Unplugged to reset...same thing.. I have had the stove for three seasons with no problems. I have always had it powered through a surge protector (battery backup style)...please help.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say bad control board.

One of the resident "Whitfield experts" on the forum is "Mr Whitfield". I haven't seen him on the forum in a while, but you could try sending him a PM or email.

I would say it's the control board. Anyone near you with a control board you can switch control board with and check it that way.

I was "told" that the Lennox Montage Board could be used in all the old Advantage Models. It might be a lil cheaper, but I have yet to have anyone confirm this for me.
(rumor started by former Whitfield Tech)

I would call Lennox and have your Model Number and S/N. There are different style board by S/N.

Thank you Dave Gault from Woodheat stoves. You did me a solid. New control board on its way. Talked to the Lennox support team as you suggested and they were great. Went through some trouble shooting and determined the board was bad. Thanks again!

That's great to hear. This is what makes this forum great. People helping people. I'm glad I could help..
Any other problems you can E-mail me.
Mr. Whitfield

Status
Not open for further replies.