Whitfield Advantage Plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielb33

Dec 17, 2014
Braintree
So I just picked up a free working Whitfield Advantage Plus pellet stove. I'm pretty pumped about it as I am trying to move away from oil.

I have been doing a lot of reading on clearances and code for Mass. If I have it right, the inspector goes by the owners manual of the stove and the pipe I would use which would be a double layer pipe. Not sure of what brand yet. I will be going straight up through the ceiling, thankfully the room it's going in is only one floor with an almost flat roof. It will terminate more then 12" above a window so that's not an issue. Reading about some of the pipes, I can have it about 3" away from combustibles.

The picture shows where I would like to place it. It will take the place of the tv and stand.
B76E14B1-2114-4FF5-8605-659E26557356_zps30nj7st1.jpg

Last edited:
Drapes a big no no. Maybe photo edit and turn picture right side up.
Welcome. Give the stove a major cleaning and fire it up outside before bringing in. Lot easier to remedy any running issues outside than in.

The blinds will get shortened, I need new ones regardless. I haven't placed it yet but once I do I will see how far I can move it out. I'm not sure what the issue was with the picture. But it's good to go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.