Whitman Advantage II T C - fix or replace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AVolk

Nov 27, 2015
Kelowna, Canada
I have a 23 year old Whitfield Advantage II T classic. Seems like circuit board is fried (red light not coming on, no pellets dropping, auger turns fine, full of pellets). The board literally has a burnt electrical smell. Took it to local guy who said it cannot be fixed.

My dilemma is: is it worth spending money on this stove? Its fan is getting noisy. By the time I get the board shipped to Canada and conversion, it will be close to $500. And I'm only about 75% confident that will fix the problem.

stove has the rotary knob's? there's been post's here on soldering the board back to life, also look on local craigslist you can usually find a stove cheaper and use it for part's

also look on local craigslist
Pellet king, you may want to check the map and see where AVolk is. Next door to nowhere and close to nothing civilized. Sounds like my kind of place.
AVolk,Maybe you could check on Snowy's post of a stand alone controller replacing the old board completely? I have a nice used Harman but the shipping would be a real pain.

Middle of nowhere....almost!

Does anyone know how hard it is to convert a Whitman II T freestanding into an insert? I have a dead insert and found a use freestanding. Anyone done this...can you just switch the lids, take off the base and put on the shroud?

Status
Not open for further replies.