Who makes the best ash vac?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CygnusX1 said:
jtp10181 said:
All I know is ash vac cost a LOT more than a normal shop-vac. Other than that I have no experience with them.

It really depends on how impatient you are to wait for the stove to cool down.

I turn my stove off, let it cool down and clean it with my shop-vac.

$200.00 + is too much for a single use tool.

A Shop Vac in its standard form isn't up to the task of vaccing up pellet ash. The ash is far too fine for the filters. So unless you want to have ash spit out of your shop vac everytime you use it for the next millinium, buy a ash vac. As for using the dry wall attachment filter...good luck to you. It has been my experience using them with drywall dust they work miniumally at best.
Now the best I have no idea (no eye deer). I own a Loveless ash vac. Has a nice winter scene on the outside. So it doesn't look hideous next to my stove. Unless you leave the giant alien looking metal hose on it you wouldn't even know it was a vacuum.
It extremely loud...Just a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.