Who Makes the BEST Pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a “great deal”? Ok.............

but theres no tax on pellets ANYTIME in MA...they are non-taxable

For the time of year, I thought that was a pretty good deal. In fact, I challenge anyone to find a better one for a premium pellet in central MA!

Regardless, I bought the Canadian. Based on comments from this thread, plus the owner of the store, I went with softwood this year. I was told that the softwood created a longer, more steady burn with less ash and fewer clinkers. Then I talked to a guy at another stove shop, and he said the exact opposite; that the hardwood pellets have those qualities, and that the softwood was crap. Whatever. We'll see what happens this year.

BTW, didn't know pellets weren't taxed! Makes sense, though...

That's Craig and Harley territory...... way out there..... But Harry may have heard of them.

Just wonderin' if you can burn the vee-go cat litter too? :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.