Whole house heating with only two stoves?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
What is the world coming to? :)

So, yeah, the Heritage is working out well.

only 2 stoves! thats pretty good.

That sounds good Browning. Just think what a new Woodstock stove might do for you. ;-)

Backwoods Savage said:
That sounds good Browning. Just think what a new Woodstock stove might do for you. ;-)

Well, if those SOBs would tighten up their clearances, I could do it. :)

Or, they need to come out with an insert...

Glad to hear that you can do it. With my old house and its layout, I still need to use a little NG when the temps dip below 15* or so.

BrowningBAR said:

So, which of the VC's will you send packing?
You went through so much to get things right, to find you only need 2 stoves.
Even with all that, you must be happy.

PapaDave said:
BrowningBAR said:

So, which of the VC's will you send packing?
You went through so much to get things right, to find you only need 2 stoves.
Even with all that, you must be happy.

Neither. I still need the third stove during colder temps and for shoulder season. The Intrepid will probably be replaced sooner rather than later as my hatred for it is increasing. It's heating better, but it is a huge pain in the ass.

Right now the Heritage and Vigilant are humming along at about 500 degrees.

joshlaugh said:
Glad to hear that you can do it. With my old house and its layout, I still need to use a little NG when the temps dip below 15* or so.

Same here... except instead of NG I fire up the third stove.

BrowningBAR said:
joshlaugh said:

Same here... except instead of NG I fire up the third stove.

I tried to convince my wife to let me put in an old wood cook stove or small stove in our kitchen/pantry/laundry room as that is the coldest area of the house and she gave me an incredulous look and said "NO, we are not running three wood stoves in our house" I even told her that a guy on hearth.com ran three in his old house....So I am looking at other options now.

Status
Not open for further replies.